Thursday, November 03, 2011

Granola

Did you know how easy it is to make your own granola?  It's even easier than making yogurt.  As with everything else my first thought was "why make it when you can buy it?" So I never bothered, but, as with everything else, we ran out of granola and I looked into buying it, but it is expensive!  So I finally broke down and looked up how to make it.  It didn't look too bad so I decided to go for it.
It's messy and involves smooshing ingredients together with your hands so I enlisted my resident ingredient smoosher to help me out.

From Blogger Pictures

ingredients in the bowl.

From Blogger Pictures

then the smooshing

From Blogger Pictures

after the baking in the oven, add the dried fruit (if you like that sort of thing)

From Blogger Pictures

tasty granola in your cabinet with the rest of your cereal!  Did I mention that I love oats (oatmeal, granola, oatmeal bread, oatmeal muffins)?  I think I might be turning into a horse.  

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love the pic of Babes hand in the bowl! You make everything seem so easy! Okay, will have to try this one!

xo, sam