Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Spiced Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins

From Blogger Pictures
Thanks to Halloween and our regular vegetable delivery I have found myself with an over abundance of pumpkin. I cooked some, pureed it and stashed it in the freezer and I'm going to put some in Chili tonight, but this morning for breakfast I decided to try to spice up my regular oatmeal muffins and combine it with a pumpkin gingerbread recipe that I found on the internet. The result was very good, if I do say so myself. Here's the recipe:

Spiced Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
  • 1 C flour
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs lightly beaten
  • 1/2 C pumpkin puree
  • 1 C leftover cooked oatmeal
  • 1/2 C molasses (I'm wondering if this could be reduced to 1/4)
  • 1/2 C raisins

1. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients
2. In another bowl mix together eggs, pumpkin, oatmeal, molasses and raisins
3. Add to dry ingredients mix until just moistened
4. Spoon batter into lined or lightly greased muffin cups
5. Bake at 350 until muffin centers are slightly firm.

Enjoy!