Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crafting update

I haven't been knitting that much lately.  After I finished my sister's sweater for Christmas (OK I didn't make it in time for Xmas, but I got it to her before I left the US) I didn't really feel like making anything big.  So I've spent my time knitting a bunch of little projects that I have had on my list, but didn't get to.  I made a pair of socks, some fingerless mittens, and two doll dresses for Babes' doll.
The socks were not my favorite project, the yarn Crystal Palace Mini Mochi was very hard to work with, it was fuzzy, and didn't really hold together well.  A lot of people mentioned that it broke easily, and while I didn't have that problem, it was a mess to work with.  But the socks are pretty crazy.  Take a look:

I LOVED the Evenstar fingerless mitts pattern.  They were super fun to knit up, the pattern was easy to follow, and they are GORGEOUS!  I wear them everywhere.  I'm going to unravel one, because it's funky looking, but I love them:


The two doll dresses I am very proud of because I personally adapted the patterns from other patterns to make them the right size for the dolls.  One of the dresses came from here and the other one is sort of this one.  (I say sort of because I modified the original pattern to fit Babes' princess tastes).  {I just realized that I already did a post on these dresses, so I'll just post a picture of her doll in one of them, and leave it at that.}



No comments: