Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Shawl

For Christmas I asked Hubby for a yarn of the month subscription.  He obliged and signed me up for the Smell the Roses club from the Unique Sheep.  It has been fun so far, the first shawl kit that they sent was for a Damask Rose Shawl.  There was some grumbling amongst those who signed up because there wasn't quite enough yarn to finish the whole pattern as written, but it is a beautiful shawl.  I used smaller needles and ended up with quite a bit of yarn leftover.  Unfortunately, neither the first, nor the second shipment were in colors that I would normally wear so I'm going to have to give them away.... Which is ok, because I had already decided that I would send the first shawl to my grandmother.  I finished it on her birthday, but she's not going to get it yet because I'm going to try to make her matching fingerless gloves to go with it (just to use up the yarn I have left).



No comments: