Friday, May 04, 2012

Construction sites

I have noticed that in China, nobody looks out for your safety.  You are completely responsible for your own well being.  Other drivers aren't looking out for you, other walkers aren't looking out for you, the government is certainly not looking out for you, and companies are down right out to get you.  So it should not have been any surprise to me that construction sites, in their final stages, are open to the public. 
When serious construction is going on, construction sites are boarded up.  I guess it's too annoying to have to shut down anytime they drop something on a pedestrians' head (or maybe this way they don't have pesky witnesses to the injuries to the construction workers?).  But once the main part of the building was done the blue barriers went away.  I was thrilled, now I could walk on the sidewalk and not have to risk death on the side of the road...  until I saw that construction was still going on. 






No comments: