Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Curses to the Wall!

I've had a couple of posts ready now for a couple of days, but Hubby left without giving me the secret to hopping over the great firewall so I've been stuck without access to my blog or facebook.  No big loss, really, I've been steadily unpacking and the living room, kitchen and our bedroom almost look like real places now.  I think by the time Hubby comes back we might actually have livable spaces to enjoy.  I've also been doing a TON of laundry because half of our clothes arrived smelling of MOLD-EWWWW!!!!  Luckily you can wash most stuff in vinegar and it will get rid of the smell... they also say you can dry clean the smell out--I'll let you know about that one.  And leather (for my dad's vintage blue leather coat that Mr. Route HATES) supposedly can be sponged off and laid out in the sun.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyway, since Babes is at school all day, I'm no longer limited to the big box stores for fruits and veggies.  After the Babes got too big to ride in a backpack, I never wanted to take her to the markets because I don't like all the touching.  It's not inappropriate or anything, I just don't want anyone touching my child with hands that were just touching pig innards.  Call me squeamish- I know I am.   Here are two quick shots of our veggie market, where you can also buy fresh Tofu, meat, seafood, and a few pickled, and ready to eat items. 


No comments: