Monday, April 30, 2012

at the yarn market

I'm sure you all know that I am a knitter, and one of the things knitters like to do is fondle yarn.  Chengdu has some very good yarn stores, but if you need something other than wool, or you want things at rock bottom prices you should head up to the North Market's yarn section.
 This is inside one of the little nooks at the yarn market.  If I hadn't gone with a friend the first time I never would have found it.  I bought my sable(? the picture on the package looks a little like a raccoon) yarn here and I love it.  So soft.  It can be a mess, when you come during the winter it's packed.  There are ladies feeling yarn everywhere, and people sitting and knitting even though the space to walk through is only big enough for two people to squeeze by.
 This is the needle and hook guy.  You can buy sets of needles for next to nothing.  It's awesome!


And of course, I can't go up to the north market without finding things to take pictures of. 
 creepy dolls on strings.
 I never thought to buy bras on the street, but apparently in China that's how it's done.
 Hungry?  There's fruit...
 Tofu?
Or fried potatoes.

No comments: