Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crafty crafting

I got bit by the crafting bug this week and did a couple of projects.  This post on pinterest captured my attention since we just threw away about 100 dvd cases as we prepare to move.  I rescued one and turned it into this:



I think the cardboard I used was too thick though because the cases doesn't close.  I'm going to have to make another one, I just need to wait until we clean out some more cases. 

I've been planning to make a interchangeable needle case forever.  I LOVE this Lantern Moon case, but am unwilling to spend the $$ (maybe I should add it to my amazon wish list....) I even had fabric picked out and laid aside for it, but I just hadn't wanted to commit.  Well this week I finally did it, I would post a tutorial, but I was making it up as I went and I think there are things I would do differently if I had to do it again so I'll just show off my finished product.  I think I'm going to try and make another one so I WILL eventually do a tutorial-maybe.



I'm also reverse engineering a doll dress because Babes got another Madame Alexander doll for her birthday and those tiny doll clothes are expensive.

No comments: