Monday, March 18, 2013

International Women's day (March 8)

Interestingly enough, the US does not celebrate International Women's Day, but in China, all the ladies get half a day off.  There are also usually special activities for women, sales, and discounts to encourage the ladies to shop and have fun (I guess?).  Anyway, this year for International Women's day I, and a busload of foreigners, took advantage of the opportunity to visit East Lake and view the plum blossoms that were blooming.



 It was a free event, so of course there was press.  For every picture that I took, I think there were five other pictures taken. 

Then we went to Moshan, which was also quite pretty, but only for a group photo.

 But I snuck in and had my picture taken by myself before everyone arrived. 
  And of course, there was lunch.  There was way more food but I got busy eating and forgot to take anymore pictures. 
They then went to an embroidery workshop, but I had to go home to pick up Babes from the bus stop.  The subways were a mess! It took me two hours to get home in a subway car where I was packed in like sardines in a can. 

No comments: