Monday, March 11, 2013

Lantern Festival--what we ate.

So after my last post, DH was making fun of me, saying "you keep writing about it, you should go do it."  And I did.  For the past two weeks, any time someone invited me to do something, I did it.  Unfortunately, that left little time left for other things, like cooking, cleaning, or blogging.  I didn't even knit!!
But this week, I have a lighter schedule so I wanted to get up some picture posts about the things I've been up to.  I want to start off with The Lantern Festival.
The Lantern Festival is the traditional end to the Chinese New Year celebrations in China.  We were invited to one of DH's co-worker's village to partake in the celebrations.  It was an interesting experience to say the least.  The place was way out of town, but not considered the countryside, more like the suburbs (although to my mind any place that has cows is country!).  I'm going to break up the Lantern Festival pictures into groups.  Today is the feasting part of the festival because no festival is complete without a feast.







No comments: