Monday, October 15, 2012

rainy day plot failure

So today I had epic plans to take a BUS to the Metro (think Costco or Sam's club--sort of).  Babes and I got all dressed up to go out (we took off our yoga pants and put on jeans), but while we were at lunch, IT STARTED RAINING!  So instead of going out for some Wuhan Bing (think Chinese burrito) and a bus ride, we had KFC and watched a movie.  What that means for you, dear reader, is that you get pictures of knitting instead.  OH and a picture of some creative yarn balling from the airport. 

This was my travel solution to turning a bunch of loops of yarn into a ball.  I got some pretty weird looks from people at the airport McDonalds... I mean what, you've never seen a black woman ball yarn, using a carry on suitcase, and a Madame Alexander doll? 
But once the yarn was balled, I started working on a shawl for me.  I'm using the Unique Sheep pima petite that was part of my Xmas gift last year.  I didn't like the pattern that came with it, so I cobbled together a pattern of my own using two different patterns.  I'm only about halfway, so here's some work in progress pics. 
I love the lace leaf edge. Which I got from Janine Le Cras' Lace leaf wrap (you have to be on ravelry to see the link). 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous pattern! Good on you to make that overpriced doll work for a living, too.