Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trip to Metro...

Today it finally stopped raining and Babes and I took the *gasp* bus to Metro.  I know what you are thinking, what's the big deal, she took a bus.  But if you knew me, you would know that I don't like buses.  Maybe it's some left over Orange County prejudice against public transportation, but I'm not a fan of buses.  Subways and trains, love em?  Buses... eh not so much.  Maybe it's because there are almost never good bus maps, so I always feel like I could end up just about anywhere.  Especially in China, the buses are usually crowded and the maps are in Chinese (I might speak Chinese, but I don't read it well). Who knows where the bus will leave me. 
BUT!  Today I gathered myself together, searched google maps and came up with a plan.  (Did you know Google maps will give you public transit too?  I discovered this in Taiwan, but just discovered that it works on the mainland now too) 

Metro is in Wuchang which is across the Yangtze river from us.  We actually got on the bus and got there without any problems at all. 

The inside of Metro is very similar to the one in Chengdu, except that they have a HUGE dairy department (I didn't take any pictures of the inside, I always feel silly taking pictures inside stores, I know I should do it, but.....) Unlike any of the rest of the stores here I was actually able to find Cheese in Metro! 
In Hankou so far I've only been able to find the plastic wrapped cheese food slices (far left), which are fine-sometimes, but I prefer actual cheese, and while this cheese isn't super it's better than nothing (2 years without cheese would have been hardship indeed). 
After the bus ride home, Babes and I stopped for bing (think Chinese burrito) at this place around the corner from us. 
I also didn't get any pictures of the bing being made, mostly because my hands were full and I was too hungry.  I will stop by there again and I promise I will get pictures. 

No comments: