Monday, February 18, 2013

Baking with Babes

With Babes off school we have had tons of time to hang out and bake together.  She's big enough now that she can actually be of help with baking and it's actually help and not just mess.  So last week we baked.
I have been wanting a Cherry pie now for AGES!  But for whatever reason Cherries in China are crazy expensive, so no pie for us.  BUT I finally found some that were not so bad, ok the price was not bad, but the cherries looked horrible (I had to do a lot of careful picking to get a pretty flat pie).  It turned out so well, that I might have to bake an Apple pie next.




As an added bonus we also made some brioche, because a day of baking is not complete without making some bread.  It was actually pretty easy to make (I LOVE my kitchenaid!), we made it with raisins and cranberries so it's a little sweet, but just a little.  It's great with my morning cuppa tea.




1 comment:

Nelson fam said...

I am amazed at all the yummy baking you do. Looks yummy. I thought about making ricotta the other day and thought about you.