Friday, February 08, 2013

Fiber Friday!

Since I've been inside so much I've done a bunch of knitting.  I made Babes a Hat, Scarf and glove set to match her school uniform.  I had to make the hat super huge to fit over all of her hair braids.  But I'm fairly happy with the results.  The hat kinda looks like a watermelon, and the scarf, well it's a scarf.  I used the foaming waves lace pattern to make both the hat and the scarf interesting, as well as stripes in her school colors.



I also making a pair of convertible fingerless gloves for myself.  I was inspired by the Diamonds in the Snow pattern on Ravelry.


They are a little big, and there are some things I'd do differently, but overall I'm happy with the way they turned out.  On my needles right now is a fuzzy scarf I'm making for someone who recently gifted me some yarn.  It's going to eventually look something like a fox, I hope, but right now it looks like this:



No comments: