Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fun with Babes

Hey, I missed my Walking in Wuhan this week.  I've been home all week with Babes who is out of school and we've been watching movies, baking, knitting (well, I've been knitting), having fancy tea parties, going out to breakfast, and just generally having fun.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed going places with her, and also how challenging it has gotten to keep her amused for longer than a couple of hours at a time (I personally think this is why they invented preschool).
We've been listening to Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men,  it's a hilariously funny book (audiobook for us) about 9 year old Tiffany Aching and her adventures with the Nac Mac Feegle (or the wee free folk) against a fairy queen.  I think it's a little advanced for Babes, but mostly because the narrator speaks really fast and the Nac Mac Feegle tend to speak funny.  But with slow going and lots of stopping I think she's getting as much out of it as she got out of Matilda by Roald Dahl (which was also a wee bit over her head, but she seemed to understand most of what was going on and seemed to really enjoy the book).
By the way Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  This was actually the first time I've celebrated Valentine's day in awhile.  I mostly think on it as a way to sell more flowers and candy, so we usually don't do anything, but Babes was so excited by the prospect of a day devoted to love that we had to celebrate it.  So we did what any self respecting princess in training would do.... we had a tea party:








No comments: