Monday, January 14, 2013

Writer's block and Tofu shreds?


Sorry about the radio silence, I kept opening up the screen to blog, but nothing would happen.  For the past week I've been trying to get something out, but I had to give it up as lost.  Maybe this week will be better.
A little while ago DH got these from one of his co-workers


I think they are tofu shreds, (shredded tofu?) but I can't find a tutorial on how to cook them ANYWHERE!  I've tried boiling them, and they were too crunchy... too crunchy... too crunchy... soggy soppy mess, so this time I tried soaking them in water for 3 hours.

The result was slightly better this time, after I soaked them they were still slightly crunchy, so I braised them in a little sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar and added some chopped vegetables that I had lightly sauteed.  It wasn't too bad, I still think they felt a little soggy and limp.  I really don't know what to do with them to make them more edible so I think I'm going to give the rest away.  *sigh* sometimes you just have to admit defeat.


No comments: