Friday, January 04, 2013

Happy New Year!

As usual I'm running late with the New Year's wishes!  I didn't think I would be busy this holiday season, but somehow the days just flew by.  As the old year wrapped up and we started the new year I have been trying to reorganize things in our house--You know the first flurry of unpacking was just to get things on the shelves and out of the boxes, now I'm trying to make sure we have things where we can find them.  I have been reveling in the unusual pleasure of spending my entire day with Babes.  We took a quick trip to Shanghai (I thought to make an entire post out of the trip, but really it was too cold and wet to do any fun site seeing, so we just relaxed, ate Western food, and enjoyed being out of Wuhan, doesn't really make for interesting reading).  And we started planning on the best way to get Honeydog to China with us.
BUT!  We did take time to see off the old year with a mini-Russian feast

and ring in the New Year with an update on the traditional Southern New Year's feast.  My parent's always made greens, black eyed peas, and Ham (for those of you who don't know, the black eyed peas are to bring luck, the greens bring money, and the ham symbolizes moving forward into the new year), but since I can't stand black eyed peas I made Barely hoppin' John, baby bok choi, and baked pork chops and apples (because I don't know where to buy ham in Wuhan).

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions, but I think I'd like to try to learn how to do something New this year, I just don't know what it is yet.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

No comments: