Thursday, January 31, 2013

City Envy

I am totally jealous of everyone who lives in Shanghai!  TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I think Monday was one of the more perfect days out there.  And yes, it was quite miserable when we went there over Christmas (rain and cold no fun), but Monday was gorgeous clear blue skies and everything.  But that's not the only reason that I'm jealous.  I stayed with a friend in Shanghai and she had this view:



They have grocery stores that sell things like Vanilla.  When we were trying to decide what to do for dinner, she listed the cuisines; Sushi, Schrwama, Indian, Thai, Brazilian barbecue, Russian.... I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't think of what it is--compare this to "do you want Hubei or Sichuan?" that you get in Wuhan.  THEN on the way home we dropped by the organic bakery to pick up a loaf of bread made with spelt, and some cheese!  And if you still don't see why I'm jealous, here's a picture of a fresh squeezed juice machine!  That's right, a vending machine that sell fresh squeezed juice!!
Luckily, it's only 5 hours away by train, so we really can escape if we have to.

No comments: